- Banana Pie
by Greg Laroche and Jyl Safier
1-1.5 cups soaked almonds
0.5 cups dates
1 tsp. cinnamon
0.5 tsp. nutmeg
0.25 cup orange juice
3 pints strawberries
0.125 cup fresh shredded coconut
1. Freeze 2 pints of the strawberries and 2 bananas
2. Blend almonds, dates, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange juice in a food processor.
3. Form the blended mixture into a pie crust in a 9 inch pie dish.
4. Process the frozen fruit to a sorbet consistency in a Champion juicer using the blank
5. Slice up the remaining strawberries and bananas.
6. Layer the sorbet and fruit slices over the pie crust.
7. Decorate with coconut.
Remarks on the recipe:
1) It's an excellent pie - I had a chance to eat some at an earlier meeting.
2) In step 4, you can use a blender instead of a Champion juicer. Just let the fruit thaw
some before putting it in blender.